The 12-week bootcamp to launch your tech career
Retrain as a software developer with TechSwitch
Create products that change lives. Work with technologies at the forefront of innovation.
Shape the very future of our planet. And enjoy a great work-life balance.
These are just some of the reasons we love working in the tech sector.And now you can too, even if you’ve never written a line of code.
Thanks to the TechSwitch programme, you can retrain as a software engineer on our 12-week bootcamp. Once you complete the course, we’ll help find you an 18-month industry placement – and pay successful placements £30,000 per year.
Take the bootcamp from the comfort of your own home
In these uncertain times we want to make sure you feel as safe and supported in your learning as possible.
Our course is now completely remote while containing the same content and continuing to allow you to pair virtually with your trainer and other learners.
Who it's for
TechSwitch is for anyone from any background who want to make the move into the tech sector.
For example, you might be…
- Working in another sector and wanting a career change, perhaps for a better work-life balance or more challenging role
- Just out of university or college, and keen to be part of the vibrant tech industry
- On a career break, and looking to return to work in a way that fits around your life
What you get from TechSwitch
- A 12-week bootcamp, to train you in the basics of software development and dive into programming languages that will help you hit the ground running on your placement. We also provide training in agile ways of working, DevOPs, software design, testing and relevant soft skills.
- A personal mentor: Changing careers is a big leap. To support you on this journey, we provide a mentor, who will keep in touch with you throughout bootcamp and your placement, giving career advice and taking care of your wellbeing.
- Help securing an 18-month paid industry placement, where you’ll be part of a development team, writing code and building up valuable software engineering skills and experience.
Once you complete your placement, the skills and experience you gain will put you in high demand in the job market. You may have the opportunity to continue your career at the organisation which provided your placement. Alternatively, you’ll be well set to secure one of the myriad tech sector jobs in London and beyond.
The TechSwitch package: At-a-glance
- 12-week software engineering bootcamp in a relaxed environment
- £30,000 annual salary for the duration of your 18-month placement
- Pension scheme
- 20 days' holiday
- Wellbeing activities
- You pay a £500 deposit – but this is refunded in full once you secure a placement and we also have bursaries available.
First, your paid placement gives you financial security and priceless industry experience.
Second, we have a strong focus on diversity and recruit people based on their potential rather than solely experience.
And third, you’ll be taught by a team of people who work at the cutting edge of the tech sector, day-in, day-out. We’ve built software to stream Glastonbury’s headliners. We’ve helped shape key UK government cloud computing roadmaps. We worked with DeepMind and Moorfields Eye Hospital to use artificial intelligence to diagnose sight-threatening eye diseases.
You’ll learn first-hand what it takes to build software that can change lives and improve the world we live in.
And you’ll be in good company. We’ve almost 20 years’ experience in training people to become outstanding software engineers. These individuals have gone on to work for organisations such as Google DeepMind, Anthony Nolan, Square Enix and END. menswear