Who We Are
“TechSwitch” is a trading name of Softwire Technology Limited with company number 3824658 (“Softwire”).
Suite 110, Highgate Studios
53-79 Highgate Road
London NW5 1TL
Registered Company Address
28 Arcadia Avenue
London N3 2FT
Telephone: 0207485 7500
About This Privacy Notice
- visit our website
- apply for a training course
- attend a training course
How We Collect & Use Your Information
You can contact us directly or you can register your contact details with us and when you do so:
- you consent to us contacting you using the details you have provided so that we can respond to your request;
- personal information that you share with us will only be used for the purposes for which you have provided it;
- we protect the security of the personal information you provide against unauthorised access and misuse using appropriate technical and operational measures;
- we do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with any other organisations;
- we hold your personal information on our systems only for as long as necessary for the relevant activity or as required by law.
If you are under the age of 16, please get the permission of your parent or guardian before sending any of your personal information to us.
If you apply to attend a TechSwitch training course, we collect personal information directly from you in order to assess your application and to enrol you on a course if your application is successful. Examples of information we may collect are:
- your name, address and contact details
- your education, training and professional development history
- information recorded during skills tests and interviews
- information you have made publicly available about yourself on social media networks and databases
- your billing, transaction and payment card information
- photographic ID
As part of the assessment, we may also collect your personal information from third parties such as recruitment agencies, colleagues who recommend you, individuals or companies you have previously worked for and agencies performing security screening checks to facilitate your placement on assignments following successful completion of a course.
As a candidate for or a participant on a course, we may ask you for diversity information (e.g. gender, nationality, ethnicity) and if you agree to provide this, it will be used only for internal statistical purposes to help us to promote diversity and equality at TechSwitch. We may also, if necessary, record special (more sensitive) categories of information (e.g. information about your physical or mental health) in order to make reasonable adjustments to facilitate your application for and attendance on a course and to ensure that we comply with laws and regulations.
As a course participant, we will record information about your attendance and progress on the course. We may ask you to respond to surveys to collect feedback which we will use as guidance for improvements to the course. We may also ask for your consent to film, photograph or record you as part of the creation of content to promote the course.
How We Share Your Information
We share your personal information within TechSwitch to a limited extent with individuals who need the information to perform their role in providing courses, such as course tutors and those who manage invoicing. When dealing with your application for a course, we may also share your personal information with third parties such as academic institutions (to verify qualifications), individuals and companies providing references and companies providing services such as security screening checks.
Under limited circumstances, your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the EEA, for example by third party service providers delivering centralised support for their IT platform from the US. In such cases, we ensure that the transfer complies with the relevant data protection legislation.
Reasons We Collect and Use Your Information
- Where it is necessary to perform our contract with you
- Where it is required by law
- Where you have provided consent
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests such as:
- responding to enquiries
- providing training services
- improving and developing our services
- the administration of our business
- promoting our business
How We Protect Your Information
We protect the security of the personal information you provide against unauthorised access and misuse using appropriate technical and operational measures and by requiring third party suppliers who we share your information with to do the same.
Retention of Information
We hold your personal information on our systems in compliance with laws and regulations, for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it, or for as long as we have your consent to do so if this is our legal basis for processing such data.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information TechSwitch holds about you. You can object to or ask us to restrict the processing of your information, request that we remove the personal data we hold about you, or ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate or out of date. If we have a legitimate reason not to fulfil your request, we will communicate this to you. If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
If you wish to contact us for any reason in connection with this Candidate Privacy Notice, please do so by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 020 7485 7500 or in writing to TechSwitch, 110 Highgate Studios, 53-79 Highgate Road, London NW5 1TL